Saturday, October 1, 2016

Art Tech Task 2

For this particular assignment, we experimented with a tool that creates comics. I decided to create a comic using storyboardthat.com about a famous photographer artist known as Sandy Skoglund. This website was very easy to use and allows you to create a comic that is 1x3 or 2x3 for free. I made an account to save my comic and I had an option to go premium so they do have special features that are only available to premium members.

Storyboardthat.com was very easy to use with several different personalized modifications that I was able to make. For example, I was able to chose from several options what style and color bedroom I wanted to use in order to closely relate to the artist's real photograph.

This tool would be a great tool to use in the classroom. Similar to how I used it, students could create a biography of a person that they're learning about in class. For example, students could be assigned different scientists that they must learn about and are asked to create a comic relating to the scientist. This tool allows for student's creativity to be executed in many different ways in the classroom and i believe this would be a great tool for students to use.

I think one thing that may challenge students is the difficulty to include minimum text inside each cell of the comic strip. The size of the cells allow for little room for text. On my last cell, the text box covered a large part of the image. Perhaps in a classroom, the comic strip could be paired with a paper of some sort explaining what is happening in the comic.
Sandy Skoglund's Revenge of the Goldfish

No comments:

Post a Comment