Sunday, December 11, 2016

Summary of Learning


Summary of Learning by Rebecca Jett

For this summary of learning assignment, I decided to use a concept mapping tool called Mindmeister. I have used concept maps in the past (Bubbl.us) and found it to be a good tool to create a web about a particular subject. I decided to try a different concept mapping tool because I was not a fan of the way the webs look on Bubbl.us. After experimenting with the Mindmeister tool, I found a concept mapping tool that I like. There are several other features that I would have wanted to include in the map that I made, but I had to have a premium membership on the website to use them.

My biggest takeaways from my integrated expressive arts class is that there are several ways to integrate art into lessons that are related to a specific content area. Incorporating art activities into my lessons will help to motivate my students to grow artistically and creatively. Art is an extremely important thing for students to learn during early years of schooling. I want to be able to show my students the importance of thinking creatively through art assignments. The art standards are something that I will be able to include in my content lesson plans in the future. I plan to have an art center where students are able to create art projects during center time to encourage creativity. I plan on being able to provide my students with all the materials they need to create their artwork. Another takeaway that I am able to learn from this class is what a copy of an art lesson plan looks like. I really enjoyed the lesson plan template that was provided for each studio project that we completed. The format of the document was extremely helpful and informational as an example for lessons that I will include in my classroom.

Overall, I really enjoyed this class and feel that I was able to learn a lot from this course. This is the second class that I have taken where I am required to blog each week and I have really grown to enjoy it. I have gotten to know how Blogger works to hope to incorporate it into my future classroom where I will document things that my class is doing throughout the year.

Happy Holidays!!! ❄︎☃

No comments:

Post a Comment